My husband has been after me to try making kimchi coleslaw since he had some at a local restaurant, so when I found out this month’s Salad Bar challenge was Asian, I knew I had to try it. This really was delicious. It had just enough spice to give it some bite, but not enough to slow down your eating.
The recipe does not actually have kimchi in it, but instead uses some of the kimchi spices (plus some other flavors) giving it a similar flavor. Hope you enjoy!
Kimchi Coleslaw for #thesaladbar
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 2 inch piece of ginger, grated
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsps. Korean red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. roasted black sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- salt to taste
- Stir together all ingredients.
- Refrigerate until serving. It tastes better if you let it sit for at least an hour.