Last night was a first for me. I cooked lamb. It was delicious, but honestly the recipe did not go how it should, so I really can’t recommend it, though I am going to tell you what I did and what went wrong. I will definitely be trying it again soon and when I get it perfected, will share the recipe with you. The mushroom risotto, on the other hand, turned out perfect, and is one of those that I just want to keep eating.
The lamb was brushed with a mixture of Dijon mustard and garlic and then dredged in a combination of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. I then browned it and baked it until done. It really was good, but when I browned it the bread crumb mixture didn’t stick like it should. I came up with the recipe by reading several others and combining them. I won’t say which ones because it didn’t work, and it definitely could have been something I did wrong. The baking time on the lamb was also much longer than any of the recipes I looked at. In the end, it tasted great, but it definitely did work out the way it was supposed to.
The mushroom risotto recipe is an adaptation of the risotto recipe found on the package of The Fresh Market Arborio Rice.
- 8 oz. mushrooms, coarsely chopped (I used baby bellas.)
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet saute mushrooms in olive oil until soft.
- Add butter, garlic, and rice and continue to cook until butter is melted and garlic is fragrant being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add broth and water, and cook uncovered about 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- If all of the broth and water will not fit in the skillet you can add a little along as the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe was shared on In and Out of the Kitchen with Feeding Big, What’d You Do This Weekend with The Tumblewood Contessa, and Foodie Friends Friday.