Lemon Curd - Microwave Version
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice (the juice from about 6 lemons)
- zest from all the lemons
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- Stir in lemon juice, zest, and sugar until well combined.
- Gradually, stir in yolks.
- Microwave on 50% power for 3 minutes, stirring between each minute.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals at full power, stirring between intervals, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate until chilled. The curd will thicken considerably as it cools.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/lemon-curd-microwave-version/