Loaded Sweet Potato Totchos
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4.5 ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
Other Ingredients for Assembly
- 2 20 ounce packages sweet potato tots or puffs cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1/2 pound smoked Gouda or your favorite cheese, shredded
- sour cream, guacamole, chopped green onions, and chopped cilantro for topping
- In a large saucepan, stir together all ingredients. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer. Allow to simmer at least 30 minutes before serving.
- In a medium saucepan, stir together beans and chilies. Add water just to cover. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to keep hot while you put together the other ingredients.
- Just before serving, add the red pepper and cook just until hot. You don't want the red pepper really cooked, just hot like the beans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tots on baking sheet
- Top with beans, chicken, red sauce, and cheese. Place in the oven just until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and place on plates using a spatula.
- Top with sour cream, guacamole, chopped green onions, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/loaded-sweet-potato-totchos/