Smoked Top Round Steak Man Food Mondays
- 1 top round steak (Ours was about 3 lbs.)
- 3 Tbsps. canola oil
- 2 Tbsps. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives, chopped
- Lightly coat meat with oil.
- Combine chili powder, salt, paprika, cumin, and black pepper. Sprinkle over one side of the meat. Sprinkle fresh herbs over the dry rub. Turn meat over and repeat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour or up to four hours.
- Heat smoker to approximately 275 degrees. Add apple wood chips (about 1 1/2 cups small chips or 4 large chips).
- Place meat on top of grill and grill/smoke at about 250 degrees for 30 minutes per pound, checking the temperature at 45 minutes with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from heat when internal temperature is at 135 degrees using a meat thermometer.
- Cover with foil and allow to rest for 20 minutes. This will make the meat more moist.
- Slice on the diagonal across the grain.
- It is best served rare or medium rare.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/man-food-mondays/