This Mango Avocado Jalapeno Cole Slaw is some seriously delicious coleslaw. Here in Georgia, it is already almost like summer, so we are grilling and eating salads and coleslaw, and generally enjoying the warm weather. I do not like to be cold, so I am just so thankful when it gets warm, and I can enjoy eating cold things again.
I have made this recipe with different fruits over the years – usually peaches, so you don’t have to stick to mango if you don’t want to, but it was really wonderful like this. And, any of the ingredients could be increased or decreased for your own personal taste. I know the more mango and avocado the better, in my opinion. We ate this with Steve’s Apple Wood Smoked Bourbon Chicken and corn on the cob, which made a perfect spring or summer meal!
Mango Avocado Jalapeno Cole Slaw
- 6 cups cabbage, thinly sliced
- lemon juice to prevent the avocado from browning.
- 1 avocado, chopped and tossed in lemon juice
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used light.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together all ingredients until well combined.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. I would serve it within a couple of hours.