This might be the perfect breakfast. Protein and caffeine are the two things people usually use to jump start their day. And, this matcha chia seed pudding has a little caffeine and depending on the milk you use between a little and quite a bit of protein. It does need time to turn into pudding, but that just makes it perfect for making the night before. And, you can literally have it in the refrigerator waiting for morning in less than ten minutes! Oh, and with all of that good stuff in mind, I totally forgot to tell you that it tastes wonderful! It is especially good with fresh fruit on top. I’m partial to strawberries, and they have been on sale for about two weeks at the grocery store – you know sitting there on display at the front of the store with a good price all the while smelling, well, like strawberries. I will try to get off the strawberry kick and give time to other fruit, but I’m still going to eat my strawberries with my pudding.
I have to tell you that I almost didn’t post this because really it is not that different from my Cherry Coconut Almond Chia Seed Pudding that I posted not too long ago, but it does actually taste pretty different, and I can’t quit eating it, so I thought maybe you would like it too.
Matcha Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 cups milk (Use any milk you like from cow, nut, seed, grain, etc. – whatever makes you happy. If you use one with protein either naturally occurring or added, that is an extra bonus.)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons honey – or more or less to taste
- fresh fruit for topping (I used strawberries.)
- Whisk together matcha and boiling water.
- Stir in milk, chia seeds, vanilla, and honey.
- Refrigerate until thickened. It will be pretty thick after about an hour, but will continue to thicken a little more for several more hours. I like to make it right before bed and eat it in the morning. Nothing like pudding for breakfast….