These strawberry hand pies are so good that you just have to try them! I seriously had a hard time not eating them all by myself. They are small, but you could easily make them almost any size. I used a 4 inch cookie cutter and got seven out of a single pie crust. I kind of wish I had made more. They are made using the strawberry butter I posted yesterday. You can use your favorite pie crust or even store bought. This is my favorite. Hope you enjoy!
Mini Strawberry Hand Pies
- 1 pie crust, homemade or store bought
- 10 1/2 tsps. strawberry butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsps. sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut pie crust into 7 4 inch circles.
- Place 1 1/2 tsps. strawberry butter in the center of each circle.
- Moisten edge of the circle and fold over.
- Crimp edges with the tines of a fork.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Mix egg yolk with 1 tsp. water.
- Brush over pies.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut a small slit in each pie to vent.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbly.
This recipe was shared on Hungry Little Girl’s Wednesday Extravaganza and on Foodie Friends Friday.
These look so great and delicious! Thanks for sharing them at my Summertime Facebook party!
Joanne/Winelady Cooks says
These look delicious. Easy, fast and delicious is my kind of recipe! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I will definitely be making these often for grampy’s snacks.
Miss McBooty says
I made these tonight with much success! I overfilled mine some so a few of them oozed as they baked in the oven, but they were still delicious! Thanks for the recipe.