Mushroom and Carrot Stuffed Loin Chops for Man Food Mondays
Yield 4 to 6
- 1 tablespoon Hoison sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet Asian chili sauce
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 soy sauce (or Tamari)
- 4 to 6 pork loin chops 1 inch thick (You can buy already cut or cut yourself.)
- 3 + tablespoons of canola oil
- Tooth Picks or Kitchen twine to hold shut.
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 8 oz mixed mushrooms chopped
- 1 medium shallot diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1 cup un-seasoned bread crumbs (panko)
- Salt and Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients an a bowl and mix well.
- In one large plastic zipper bag, place the pork loin chops and cover with the marinade. Then, place in the refrigerator for up to over night.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a medium skillet and once the oil is hot add the diced shallots and heat until translucent making sure not to allow to burn.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook until soft
- Add the minced garlic, chopped mushrooms, and ginger and cook until fragrant.
- Remove the pork loin chops from the marinade and pour the remaining marinade into the pan.
- Bring the marinade to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the bread crumbs and mix in well and set a side.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°.
- In a different skillet bring 1 tablespoon of canola oil to a high heat and fry the pork loins for 3 minutes on each side, transferring each to a baking dish.
- Stand the chops on the fat side and cut into the chops to make a pocket to hold the stuffing.
- Fill each pork loin chop with as much stuffing as it will hold neatly and use a tooth pick to hold the chop closed.
- Place the chops into the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 145° to 155°.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/mushroom-and-carrot-stuffed-loin-chops/