Open Faced Fig and Blue Cheese Sandwiches with Balsamic Reduction
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 medium sized slices of bread (I used whole grain from the bakery.)
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 2 oz. blue cheese
- 5 large figs (I used mission figs.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat vinegar in a small saucepan until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer until approximately half. Set aside.
- Combine mascarpone and blue cheeses stirring until all of the blue cheese is incorporated into the mascarpone.
- Spread the bread with the cheese mixture and place cheese side up on a baking sheet.
- Bake just until melted. This will only take 2 to 3 minutes, so watch it carefully.
- Top with fig slices and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/open-faced-fig-and-blue-cheese-sandwiches-balsamic-reduction/