Well, it is shrimp in garlicy, buttery, wine sauce. What is not to like? I used medium shrimp that were peeled and deveined, mainly because they were on sale, but you can use large ones. Larger ones will probably take and extra minute or two to cook. I’m going to be honest here and tell you I usually buy the medium ones because they cost less even when they are not on sale. And, you could peel them and devein them yourself, but that would, of course, take more time.
Oven Roasted Shrimp Scampi
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced into thin slices
- 1/2 cup white wine (I used Mirassou Chardonnay.)
- the juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped (I chop mine while the shrimp is cooking.)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, stir together, shrimp, garlic, olive oil, butter slices, and wine.
- Roast for 10 - 13 minutes, stirring at 5 minutes and 10 minutes. Watch the shrimp carefully after 10 minutes, so that you don't overcook it.
- Stir in lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper.