I don’t know about where you are, but June in Georgia is hot! Today was a particularly hot day, and I love fresh peaches, so this peach iced tea was just perfect! The fresh peaches make it super refreshing.
Now, I must warn you that I am definitely a southern girl, consequently I like sweet iced tea year round, so I did add sweetener to this. If you are one of those people that thinks sugar ruins tea, then by all means leave it out! Don’t leave out the lemon juice though because it keeps the peaches from turning brown.
Peach Iced Tea
Yield 4 -6
- 2 family sized tea bags (I used decaffeinated.)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped peaches (about 4) plus more for garnish if desired
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup granulated Splenda.)
- Bring 6 cups of water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and allow to stop boiling.
- Place tea bags in water and steep 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add two cups cold water and refrigerate. It doesn't have to get super cold, but you don't want to cook the peaches.
- Toss peaches with lemon juice.
- Place peaches (including juice, just dump it all in) and sugar into a food processor. Using the knife blade, process until pureed.
- When tea has cooled, stir in peaches.
- Serve over ice with more peach slices for garnish.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.