Ok, this is almost not even a recipe. But, I am thinking that I am not the only person out there that is exhausted after work and needs something that they can throw together quickly and easily that actually tastes really good. This Pepperoni Pasta Skillet is perfect for those times! My family loved this, and it only took about thirty minutes to get it on the table
This is actually something I made for the first time years ago. But, I have not made it recently because of the jarred sauce. If you are a regular reader, you know that I don’t use a lot of prepared foods. Well, this recipe has a jar of purchased pasta sauce in it! There are a few good ones out there with decent ingredients, you just have to look. You don’t have to use the brand I used. Use your favorite. And, usually this type of entree involves some sort of browning meat. Well, I got around that by using pepperoni. The results were super easy and tasty.
Pepperoni Pasta Skillet
- 1 26 ounce jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced (I bought mine already sliced.)
- 1 9 ounce package fresh baby spinach
- 1 6 ounce package pepperoni (I used turkey.)
- 1/2 of 1 13.25 ounce package pasta (I used whole grain penne, but you could use white, veggie, a different shape, etc.)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Place pasta sauce (don't discard the jar yet), mushrooms, and pepperoni in a large skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add spinach a little at a time, so that it has time to wilt and incorporate into the sauce. Reduce heat to simmer
- Fill the jar about half way with water and swish it around to get all the sauce, and add the water to the sauce.
- Stir in the pasta.
- Cook until pasta is tender. Mine took about 20 minutes, but the time will vary depending upon the shape and size of the pasta you use.
- Stir in the mozzarella and Parmesan, stirring until melted.
- Top with remaining Parmesan and keep over heat until Parmesan begins to melt.