Pumpkin Snickerdoodles for #fillthecookiejar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin (I used canned.)
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon for the dough plus another teaspoon for rolling
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Add egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add salt, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix for one minute.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Stir together remaining teaspoon of cinnamon and granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop by rounded scoops into the cinnamon sugar mix. Roll until coated. and place on prepared cookie sheet. Do not flatten.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown and almost set. I bake mine one sheet at a time.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/pumpkin-snickerdoodles-fillthecookiejar/