Valentine’s Day is one of those days that I just love… in theory. You know flowers, and candy, and maybe a date night out. What’s not to like? But, somehow in reality, it seems kind of hard to get done. I am the worst at buying presents for men, well really anytime, but especially for Valentine’s Day. And, I really like to go out and do the date thing, but everything is soooo crowded. So, if you are staying in for Valentine’s Day, I thought you might be up for a pretty pink and delicious cocktail to get it started. We have been trying to keep it healthy, but somehow I just think I’m supposed to have something sweet for Valentine’s Day. And, this isn’t too sweet. Well, actually it completely tastes sweet, and the raspberry liqueur has its share of sugar in it, and Moscato is kind of sweet, and raspberries have natural sugar, but I didn’t actually add any of the white stuff to it. Ok, it is sweet.
Then add a little of the mixture to your glass and top off with Moscato. I used Mirassou. Moscato is slightly fizzy, so you get all these nice little bubbles. And, you can give it a quick stir if you want the raspberries evenly distributed. So good and so pretty!
Raspberry Moscato Cocktails
Yield 4 -6
- 1 750 ml bottle Moscato wine (I used Mirassou.)
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1/3 cup raspberry liqueur
- Puree raspberries and liqueur together in a food processor or blender.
- Press puree through a fine mesh sieve to remove seeds.
- Add about 2 tablespoons raspberry mixture to each glass.
- Top with Moscato, stir if desired, and serve immediately.