Raspberry White or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 5 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz white chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup high quality raspberry jam
- Heat raspberry jam for 1 minute in the microwave. Stir. Use a strainer to strain out seeds. Alternately, you could use 3/4 cup seedless and not strain it, but the higher quality types usually have seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put a large baking pan (large enough to put the spring form pan in) and add about 1/2 inch water. You want to do this as it preheats, so that the water is hot when you put the cake in.
- Stir together the graham cracker crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and melted butter. Press them into a lightly greased 10 inch spring form pan. I lined mine with parchment and greased that too. Bake for 8 minutes and allow to cool while you mix the cream cheese mixture.
- Beat the cream cheese at medium speed with electric mixer until creamy. Gradually, add 1 cup sugar and continue mixing until well combined. Add eggs one at a time mixing after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Spread about half of the cream cheese batter into prepared crust. Spread about half of the jam over the batter leaving a 3/4 inch border of cream cheese around the edges. Top with the remaining batter and save the remaining jam to put on top, refrigerating until you need it.
- Wrap your spring form pan with heavy duty aluminum foil. Carefully, place inside the pan of water.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until cheese cake is almost set and slightly browned. Carefully, (I mean really be careful with all that hot water!!!) remove from the oven. Remove spring form pan from water and place on a wire rack to cool. Run a knife around the edge of the pan and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove from pan.
- Just before serving, spread remaining jam over the top of the cheesecake.
- Serve with additional whipped cream and shaved white chocolate if desired.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/raspberry-white-semi-sweet-chocolate-cheesecake/