So, this post is totally cheating. The reindeer cupcakes are really the same thing as the turkey cupcakes with different decorations. But, children love reindeer and cupcakes, so why not? And, these are even easier than the turkeys. The only piping that was done was using a large round tip to get the swirl on top. The antlers are made of store bought chocolate covered pretzels (I used Flipz and had lots of leftovers that for some reason I can not stay away from). The eyes are store bought google eyes (I used Wilton). And, the red noses are red cinnamon candies (I used Betty Crocker). Literally, just swirl a good sized bit of icing on top, stick in the antlers, stick on the eyes and nose, and you have reindeer.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups cool water
- 1 pound butter at room temperature
- 2 pounds confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup cocoa
- 6 tablespoons milk or water
- chocolate cover pretzels
- google eyes
- red cinnamon candies
- decorator bag
- large round decorator tip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cavities of 18 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until well combined. Make a well in the center,and wet ingredients and whisk together until well mixed.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 – 22 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Allow to cool ten minutes in the pan and then remove to a wire rack.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Add milk or water and cocoa and blend until well combined.
- Use a large round decorator tip and decorator bag filled with icing to pipe a large swirl of icing on each cupcake.
- Press two pretzels into the icing on each cupcake for antlers.
- Press two eyes and one nose on each cupcake.
Leave a Reply