This roasted pepper salad my husband made was delicious. Honestly, I was a little skeptical about a salad with just peppers, but we have so many peppers in the garden that it seemed like a good use of them. It didn’t just use them up, it was wonderful. If you have never roasted peppers, you definitely need to try it. It is super easy and gives them a great flavor. He used a combination of bell and banana peppers, but any mild peppers would work.
Roasted Pepper Salad
- 8 to 10 medium to large banana peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 red poblano peppers
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 5-6 tbsp olive oil
- canola oil to cook the peppers
- salt and crushed black pepper to taste.
- Heat the grill to medium high heat. Spray or coat peppers with canola oil and place directly on grill. Turn peppers as they start to brown until all sides are brown and the skin is starting to bubble. Do not burn! 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool.
- Remove skin and slit peppers along their length and remove seeds. Slice the bell peppers and poblano peppers into 1/2 inch wide strips, leave the banana peppers whole.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the peppers. Toss peppers to coat with the mixture, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 2 hours. (Keeps well for 3 days in refrigerator.)
Leave a Reply