You need to try this. Well, I mean if you like vegetables at all. This is just soooo good. And, it is healthy. Well, the sauce could be healthier. It has mayonnaise it, but you could use organic or vegan. But really, so many vegetables and so tasty.
Make some rice. I used brown because we are trying to keep it healthy. And, roast some vegetables in a little olive oil and sea salt. You don’t have to use the ones I used here, but it was a great combination. You can put the harder ones like carrots in first and let them get started while you chop up the rest.
The yellow sauce was inspired by the yellow sauce at Inoko. I did a search for the recipe and came up with this copycat recipe at Food.com, and I adapted it by healthying it up a bit. I really have no idea what is actually in Inoko’s yellow sauce, and this does not taste exactly like it, but I think I like it even better.
Roasted Vegetable Rice Bowls
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut (I cut mine in half in both directions, but whatever you like works.)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in eighths
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 zucchini (I halved mine and then sliced them lengthwise, but again whatever you like.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- 4 cups cooked brown rice (Cook according to package directions
- 1 14 ounce can garbanzo beans (chic peas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place carrots in a large baking dish and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 minutes. If you have not already cut up the other vegetables, do it now.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and add the other vegetables. Brush all with remaining oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Whisk together all ingredients and refrigerate until serving. You can use it right away, but it actually gets better after a few hours.
- Divide rice and beans evenly among 4 bowls. Top with vegetables and sauce.