If you like caramel or coffee or salted caramel or even just yummy sweet things, you need to try this. It is decadent and really easy to make. On November 16th, Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party is going to be sponsored by Don Tomas Coffee. You will hear a lot more about their coffee then as well as some of their excellent community work. But, I thought making a coffee drink with their coffee would be fun too. What I didn’t know was that it would turn out this good. Even my husband liked it, and he doesn’t normally drink flavored coffee or coffee drinks. So, I just could not wait that long to share it with you. Plus it is a perfect drink for the crisp fall days we have been having.
I think some of the chain companies have a salted caramel coffee drink, but I have never had one, so I this is not a copycat, and I really have no idea how it compares. I have seen several salted caramel mocha recipes around the internet, but I really am not fond of mocha, and they all had caramel syrup in them. My thought was why go with a flavored syrup when the real thing melts well enough to go into coffee. Trust me, you are going to love this.
Salted Caramel Latte
- 14 caramel candies (I used Kraft.)
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 Tbsp. milk
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 Tbsps. sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 1 1/4 cups strong coffee, hot
- whipped cream for garnish
- In a small saucepan heat 1 1/4 cups milk, 10 caramels, salt, and sugar over medium stirring frequently until caramel is melted.
- Pour mixture into two mugs, dividing evenly.
- Add coffee to the mugs until desired fullness.
- Heat remaining 4 caramels and 1 Tbsp. milk in the microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring in between until caramels are melted.
- Top coffee with whipped cream and drizzle with melted caramel.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.
Cindys Recipes and Writings says
Very inviting drink. Lovely Pictures! Thanks for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday!
Cynthia L. says
This looks so wonderful. I am wanting one of these right now, but it is a bit late. I will have to make one tomorrow.
I love your photography also! The photos are just great!
Cynthia at http://FeedingBig.blogspot.com
Marlys @Thisand That says
This is going to be my host favorite… I haven’t made it yet but I have some salted caramel in the fridge that I would like to use instead of caramels. I love your pictures too… Great Fall Drink!
Lois Christensen says
This looks amazing! Your photos are even MORE amazing! Great job!