These Saucy Chicken Soft Tacos are seriously good. You really need to try them. Plus, they are pretty easy. And, they can help you use your leftovers. Sure, you can cook some chicken especially to go in these, but if you are like me, it is not unusual to have leftovers just waiting to be incorporated into another dish.
We are trying to eat more vegetables, so these have a whole bunch of vegetables. I mean, it is not like we don’t like vegetables… because we really do. It just seems like we are always busy and somehow don’t get around to cooking them. I need to remind myself how good this was, and how it was pretty quick.
Ok, maybe I like the pepper and squash pictures a little too much, but I do like them… But, back to the recipe, it really isn’t the vegetables or the chicken that makes theses so good, it is the sauce. I could move the chicken and vegetables aside and eat the sauce right by itself.
Saucy Chicken Soft Tacos
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 12 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- tortillas (I used wheat.), cheese, cilantro, and jalapenos for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add squash, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Saute just until garlic is fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in tomato sauce, chili powder, and chipotle peppers.
- Cook, stirring frequently until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in chicken cooking until heated through.
- Serve in tortillas with cheese, cilantro and sliced jalapenos for topping.