Sausage and Cheese Twisty Bread for Man Food Mondays
Yield 6 to 8
- Pizza Dough for 2 pizzas (Michelle uses a recipe for Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, but you can make your own or use store bought dough, not pre-baked crust.)
- corn meal
- 1 pound Italian sausage links 1/2 lb per pan of bread
- 1 medium onion thin sliced
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1 cup for each pan of bread
- marinara sauce
- Pre-cook the onions until limp - do not caramelize.
- heat your grill to around 450° and grill the sausage until just done, do not dry the sausage out. Slice thin either in rounds or length ways.
- Roll the pizza dough out and cover 1/2 the bread with sausage, the same 1/2 with onions and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Fold the pizza dough over and cut into 2 inch wide strips. Twist each dough strip being careful to keep as much of the stuffing inside. Place on a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- If there is any left over cheese scatter on top of the bread twists.
- Pre-heat your Oven to 500° and cook each pan for 8 to 10 minutes or according to the directions for your pizza dough.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce on the side for dipping.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/sausage-and-cheese-twisty-bread/