This rich, creamy, seafood casserole is absolutely decadent. I know many people think about seafood when they think of the Christmas season and Christmas Eve in particular and this recipe would be perfect! I served it here with steamed broccoli and though you can’t see it, salad, and crusty French bread. The recipe itself is not super quick, but it isn’t at all difficult. Hope you enjoy!
- 1/2 lb. lump crab meat
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1/4 cup plus two Tbsps. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 12 oz. guyere cheese, grated
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pick through crab meat to make sure all of the shell is removed.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add shrimp and cook until just barely pink. Drain shrimp. They will not be completely done, but they will cook more in the oven.
- Put shrimp and crab in a 2 quart quart casserole dish and stir to combine.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a medium sauce pan. Whisk in flour, whisking until smooth.
- Add broth and whisk until smooth.
- Slowly add half-and-half, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil and cook until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Add salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Pour over seafood and stir until all seafood is well coated.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Toss with panko and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and panko is golden.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.