Last week we tried grilling sweet potatoes, but the grill was just too hot and they got too done on the outside before the insides was cooked through. So, this week when my husband smoked his fabulous beef roast, he smoked sweet potatoes too. Oh my goodness, these were yummy! The smokey flavor was perfect with the sweet potatoes. You just have to try this!
This recipe is super simple. All you need is sweet potatoes, olive oil, and salt and pepper, and the time to wait for them to smoke. They are definitely worth the hour and a half wait! Hope you enjoy!
Smoked Sweet Potatoes
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat smoker to 250 degrees.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut in 1/4 inch slices.
- Liberally coat with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Smoke for 1 1/2 hours.