Ok, yes I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and this isn’t exactly Thanksgiving food, but you know I’ve been experimenting around with Thanksgiving food for a couple weeks now, and I needed some of my more typical flavors. This about the only negative of blogging. Sometimes, you get tired of holiday food before the holiday gets here. But, something fresh and delicious like this usually sets me back on the right path, so I can think about whatever is seasonal again. Anyway, I thought that after tomorrow, you might be ready for something different too before you start into the Christmas fare. This soba noodle salad was just perfect. It has soba noodles, vegetables, and a peanut dressing that is just wonderful.
Soba Noodle Salad
- 1 9.5 oz. package soba noodles, cooked according to package directions, drained and rinsed with cold water
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsps. ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp. chili oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Toss together noodles, pepper, cilantro, cabbage, and carrot.
- In a bowl, stir together peanut butter, ginger, chili oil, sesame oil, and lemon juice.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Pour over vegetable/noodle mixture.
- Toss to coat.