Spiced Apple Cider Two Ways
Yield 6 cups
- 1/2 gallon apple cider (If you can find it fresh and local, all the better!)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 2 lemons
- seltzer if serving as soda
- Peel the lemons trying to get as little of the white pith on the peel as possible.
- Then, peel as much of the white pith off the lemons as possible without puncturing them. (The pith is bitter, so the less of it the better.) Then, thinly slice the lemons.
- Put all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes (or longer if you want it sweeter).
- At this point you may refrigerate the cider overnight to make the flavors stronger or serve as is.
- To serve hot, strain and serve immediately or reheat.
- To serve as soda, strain, refrigerate until cold and then mix at a 1:1 ratio with seltzer.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/spiced-apple-cider-two-ways/