This is one of those quick and easy weeknight meals that is just yummy! I made these spinach and mushroom enchiladas one night when it was just my son and me for dinner. He is a vegetarian, so this was also a great meatless meal!
The recipe is one I came up with based on the sour cream – salsa verde flavor I have tasted in a chicken enchiladas. The sauce tasted just like I wanted it to, and the spinach and mushrooms were a great a great compliment to the flavor. I think it is even better than the chicken variety I have had it the past
Spinach and Mushroom Enchiladas
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 12 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 8 oz. sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 1 7 oz. can salsa verde
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- optional: chopped cilantro for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute spinach, mushrooms, and garlic until tender.
- Stir together salsa verde and sour cream.
- Spread a little in the bottom of a glass baking dish.
- Put 1/8 of mixture inside a tortilla and top with a little cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining sour cream mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and some of the cheese is starting to brown.
- Serve with cilantro if desired.
Leave a Reply