My son is a vegetarian and on nights when my husband is not home for dinner, we often make some sort of veggie dinner wrapped in a tortilla, and these spinach wraps are just one variation. The basic idea is some sort of protein (cheese, beans, tofu), a mix of veggies either sauteed or raw, topped with some sort of sauce, dressing, or salsa, and then wrapped up in or tortilla (or melted into a quesadilla)… you get the idea. My favorite ingredient in a hot wrap is probably spinach because it is similar to lettuce, but it is good cooked. For some reason, I have an aversion to warm lettuce, so I save it for cool wraps.
This particular wrap is one I make on super busy days because I use bagged spinach and sun dried tomatoes for the veggies, meaning that I don’t have to spend time chopping. It comes together in about twenty minutes, which is faster than it would take to get fast food, and it is so much better!
- 4 spinach tortillas
- 1 6 oz. bag baby spinach
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 1/2 3 oz. bag soft julienne sun dried tomatoes
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup queso fresco
- 1 avocado, seeded and chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings: salsa and sour cream
- Place beans in a small saucepan, add water to cover, and heat over medium until heated through.
- While beans are heating, saute spinach olive oil, and sun dried tomatoes in a large skillet over medium high heat until spinach is wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top tortillas with spinach, beans, queso, and avocado. Add salsa and sour cream, if desired.
- Roll up tortillas, and serve
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.