Spring Beet and Pea Salad
- 3 large beets, scrubbed and greens removed
- 1 pound green peas - Fresh is best, but frozen will do. I used frozen because I couldn't find fresh.
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 6 ounce container fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped plus more to garnish if desired
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (This is for the dressing. You may want to add more salt to the salad when it is done.)
- Place beets in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil until beets are fork tender.
- When beets are cool enough to handle, peel and cube them.
- Add peas to a medium pot (I used the same one I used for the beets, but rinsed it out first.) and cover with water. Bring to a boil and then remove from heat and drain. You just want to barely cook them, so that they don't get mushy.
- Allow peas and beets to cool.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining ingredients except pickles and refrigerate until peas and beets are cool.
- When everything is cool, stir gently stir together beets, peas, pickles, and dressing.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/spring-beet-and-pea-salad/