Happy Easter to all of those who are celebrating today!
Thank you to all of you who have stopped by this week even though I have not posted anything. I know I have mentioned going to school, in the past, but I am not sure if I have actually told you much about it. Last year, after quitting my teaching job, I decided to go back to school and take web design classes. Well, this week was the week to do most my final exam project for the semester. Somehow, I thought I could get it all done, and still blog, but that just didn’t happen. I still have couple of projects left, but I am mostly done, so I should be back. One day maybe I will have time to finish redesigning this site….
Anyway, on to the pasta salad. If has been a few weeks since I made this, but I just love it when fresh vegetables start arriving in the spring. And, when I found this beautiful delicate asparagus, I just had to make something with it!
This pasta salad is not only beautiful and yummy, it is good for you. It has asparagus, peas, carrots, and whole grain pasta all mixed ups in a lemon-dill dressing made with non-fat Greek yogurt and light mayonnaise.
Spring Pasta Salad
- 1 lb. whole grain pasta or pasta salad
- 30 spears of very thin asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
- 10 oz. frozen green peas or fresh if you can find them
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsps. fresh dill, chopped
- the zest and juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves, garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder (Use real onion if you like onions, but you have probably figured out by now that I don’t.)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest, dill, garlic, and onion powder.
- Refrigerate until the remaining ingredients are ready.
- Cook pasta about one minute less than the package directions say to cook it.
- At the less than one minute mark, add the peas and asparagus to the pasta and water.
- Bring water back to a boil and then drain everything together.
- Rinse in cold water until everything is cool.
- Place pasta mixture in a very large bowl. Stir in carrots and yogurt mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.