Strawberries are suddenly everywhere here. I mean, it is not actually strawberry season here, yet, but they are coming in from Florida, and are on sale. So, of course, I had to buy some – probably too many. And, this time, I wanted to try something a little different with them and came up with this Strawberry Chicken Pasta. I also made a tofu version for my vegetarian son. Both were delicious!
This is a one dish meal. I cooked mine all in an iron skillet. You will cook the chicken and pasta together with the seasonings and then stir in the goat cheese, snow peas, and strawberries at the end. You really just want the snow peas and strawberries to get hot. You don’t want to cook them too much or they will be mushy.
Strawberry Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or any boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/2 pound pasta (I used whole wheat farfalle.)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese, divided
- 1/3 pound snow peas, strung
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place chicken, pasta, water, vinegar, honey, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a very large skillet.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and pasta is tender. Mine took about 15 minutes, but it may be different depending on the pasta that you use.
- Stir in half of the goat cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in snow peas, strawberries, and basil.
- Cook just until snow peas and strawberries are hot.
- Serve with additional goat cheese on top.