Strawberries are suddenly everywhere here. I mean, it is not actually strawberry season here, yet, but they are coming in from Florida, and are on sale. So, of course, I had to buy some – probably too many. And, this time, I wanted to try something a little different with them and came up with this Strawberry Chicken Pasta. I also made a tofu version for my vegetarian son. Both were delicious!
This is a one dish meal. I cooked mine all in an iron skillet. You will cook the chicken and pasta together with the seasonings and then stir in the goat cheese, snow peas, and strawberries at the end. You really just want the snow peas and strawberries to get hot. You don’t want to cook them too much or they will be mushy.
Strawberry Chicken Pasta
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins or any boneless, skinless chicken
- 1/2 pound pasta (I used whole wheat farfalle.)
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces creamy goat cheese, divided
- 1/3 pound snow peas, strung
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Place chicken, pasta, water, vinegar, honey, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a very large skillet.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until chicken is cooked through and pasta is tender. Mine took about 15 minutes, but it may be different depending on the pasta that you use.
- Stir in half of the goat cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in snow peas, strawberries, and basil.
- Cook just until snow peas and strawberries are hot.
- Serve with additional goat cheese on top.
Wow, this recipe is fantastic and so colorful!
It does seem like strawberries are coming out of nowhere! (Not that I’m complaining 🙂 ) I love dinners that integrate them into the dish (get it? integrate 😉 )
LOL, thanks for the math joke! Yep, they are not just for dessert!
This pasta sounds wonderful! We are seeing all the Spring produce early this year too. And I’m loving it!
I know! Makes cooking much more fun!
Thalia @ butter and brioche says
Wow! strawberries in pasta? what a combination! I’ve never made a dish quite like this before but definitely am inspired to now – looks so delicious.
The picture of this dish is stunning!!
CJ Huang says
Wow – such a colorful dish! I’ve never tried strawberries with pasta, but it sounds like it could make for a tasty combo. 🙂 I hope you can stop on by and share this or any other recipe with us on Five Friday Finds!
Thank you and thanks for the invite!
This is a delicious recipe and so EASY, my favorite kind of recipe. I love all the flavors and the freshness that the strawberries add, Terrific photos as well.
Great recipe! 🙂
I love snow peas and strawberries…they also happen to be two things my son enjoys! What a creative recipe. I’m pinning and will give this a try!