I have not made this recipe for strawberry jam cookies in years, but I just love it. They somehow remind me of biscuits with jam and butter and wedding cookies all at the same time. These cookies could be made with any jam, but I love strawberry, and with Valentine’s day right around the corner, pink seemed appropriate.
I got the recipe out of an old cook book that I had years ago. And, when I say years ago, I mean twenty plus. I don’t even know the name of the book and have not seen the recipe since. Luckily, back then, before I had a blog to record recipes in, I had a book to write them down in. I even googled the recipe hoping to find the original author, but still couldn’t find the recipe. As always, if you know the author, please let me know so that I can give proper credit.
Strawberry Jam Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam divided
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Mix in salt and baking powder.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup jam and mix until well combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
- While the cookies are baking. Melt remaining butter in the microwave. Whisk together remaining jam, confectioners’ sugar, and melted butter.
- When cookies are done, let cool 5 minutes before frosting, but frost them while they are still warm.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.