I have not made this recipe for strawberry jam cookies in years, but I just love it. They somehow remind me of biscuits with jam and butter and wedding cookies all at the same time. These cookies could be made with any jam, but I love strawberry, and with Valentine’s day right around the corner, pink seemed appropriate.
I got the recipe out of an old cook book that I had years ago. And, when I say years ago, I mean twenty plus. I don’t even know the name of the book and have not seen the recipe since. Luckily, back then, before I had a blog to record recipes in, I had a book to write them down in. I even googled the recipe hoping to find the original author, but still couldn’t find the recipe. As always, if you know the author, please let me know so that I can give proper credit.
Strawberry Jam Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 1 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam divided
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment.
- Cream together butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Mix in salt and baking powder.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Add 1/2 cup jam and mix until well combined.
- Stir in nuts.
- Drop by tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until cookies begin to brown around the edges.
- While the cookies are baking. Melt remaining butter in the microwave. Whisk together remaining jam, confectioners’ sugar, and melted butter.
- When cookies are done, let cool 5 minutes before frosting, but frost them while they are still warm.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.
Wow, these look so great. I love strawberries, and I bet these cookies are great!
Thanks for linking up with FFF! I pinned this! Looks yummy!
The instructions include sugar (in addition to the confectioners) but it is not on the ingredients list. How much sugar is used?
Thank you so much for pointing this out so that I could fix it. It has 1/4 cup sugar.
Heather Who Needs a Cape? says
This looks so great! Love Strawberry!
Found you at Foodie Friends Friday!