It is almost summer, and that means it is time for Sangria. We actually had this on Cinco de Mayo. Believe it or not, but bloggers don’t celebrate their holidays early, so they can post about it. I mean, yes, we do make some things early to post about, but there is plenty of good holiday food actually on the holidays too.
This recipe is so simple that it is almost not a recipe. It is just wine and strawberries with a little sugar. You can add more sugar if you like, but I am kind of funny about wine being too sweet, so this doesn’t have too much. It was perfect to me. And, it is just so pretty. The perfect thing to sip on the back porch in the summertime!
- 3 cups strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 bottle white wine (I used Pinot Grigio.)
- Stir sugar into sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate for two hours stirring occasionally. This will allow the berries to release some of their juice.
- Stir berries (and juice) into wine and serve immediately.