Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 4 medium bell peppers, (red, green, yellow, or orange or any combination)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsps. butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels (My husband used frozen because it is winter.)
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsps. fresh herbs, chopped (My husband used oregano and basil.)
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut four peppers in half vertically. (Reserve the remaining 1 red pepper.) Leave the stem on. Core and seed the peppers. Remove interior ribs. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chopped red pepper, garlic, zucchini, and yellow squash. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in corn and tomato and cook until all is heated.
- Stir in herbs, bread crumbs, and remaining salt and pepper.
- Stuff pepper halves.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/stuffed-bell-peppers/