Stuffed Summer Squash
Yield 4 -8
- 4 large summer or yellow squash
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- garnish: chives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Place cut side down in a glass baking dish. Pour a little water in the dish (just enough to cover the bottom). Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and allow to cool enough to touch - Three guesses why I included the cooling step!
- Scrap seeds and flesh from the inside of the squash with a spoon.
- Stir remaining ingredients except chive into the squash seeds and flesh.
- Pour the water out of the baking dish and put the squash back in it - this time cut side up.
- Stuff with sour cream mixture.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Sprinkle chives on top and serve.
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/stuffed-summer-squash/