Sweet Potato Cranberry Biscuits
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato, cold
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for patting out
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided 4 of the tablespoons cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- Place dry iron skillet in oven at 400 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Add sweet potato and butter. Cut into flour mixture using a pastry blender or a fork.
- Stir in cranberries and buttermilk until well combined. You will have a wet dough.
- Pour mixture out onto a well floured surface. Sprinkle more flour on top.
- Fold dough over itself several times to work in extra flour just until it is no longer sticky.
- Cut into desired sized biscuits.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, being careful because it will be very HOT. Add the remaining butter and swirl around the pan until melted and the bottom of the skillet is well coated.
- Place biscuits in the skillet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through and brown on top
Recipe by From Calculu∫ to Cupcake∫ at https://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/sweet-potato-cranberry-biscuits/