If you are looking for a great appetizer, this Walnut Blue Cheese Dip is it. It would be awesome for your New Year’s Eve celebration. And, it is pretty easy to make. You can really blend it together however you like, but I used my food processor and it was done in no time. The key to making this dip come together quickly is having the cheese and butter at room temperature when you start the food processor.
This recipe calls for toasted walnuts. There are many different methods out there for toasting nuts, but I put mine in a small dry skillet on the top of the stove over medium heat. Then, I stir them with a wooden spoon constantly until they begin to brown. Once they start to brown, the nuts can start to burn easily, so I immediately remove them from the heat and pour them into a bowl to cool.
Walnut Blue Cheese Dip
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces blue cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- crackers, toast, or apple and pear slices for serving
- Process all ingredients except walnuts together in a food processor.
- Stir in nuts.
- Serve with crackers, toast, and/or apple and pear slices