I don’t eat a lot of sandwiches. I see them on other blogs all the time, and they really look good, but somehow, I just never think about them. And, then there is the fact that most sandwiches are cold, and unless it is a salad or ice cream, I’m not a big cold food eater. But, this Warm Chipotle Raspberry Smoked Cheddar Roast Beef Sandwich is anything but cold. It is all warm and cheesy with a warm-with-pepper chipotle raspberry mayonnaise. And, it was delicious.
Of course, I had to add avocado too because I really, really like avocado on my sandwiches.
If are you really on your toes, you might realize that some of these pictures were taken on one day of one sandwich and some on another day of a different sandwich. You see, the only thing I was making new in this sandwich was the raspberry chipotle mayonnaise, so I mistakenly thought that if I new I had it correct that toasting a sandwich was not a big deal. The only thing was that I really wanted smoked cheese on it, and I chose smoked Gouda. Now, I know that the smoked Gouda I used in my sweet potato totchos melted, but this didn’t. I mean, it just blistered like plastic. So, I looked it up, and apparently this is not uncommon. Some of it melts and some of it doesn’t. So, I switched to smoked cheddar, which I ended up liking better anyway, but I kept the photos that were before the cheese was added – like the one above where I am brushing the bread with butter.
After you brush both sides of your bread with butter, layer on the meat, avocado, and cheese.
Then toast it until it gets all melty, spread with raspberry chipotle mayonnaise, sprinkle with green onions, and enjoy! This recipe is for two sandwiches, though you will likely have extra chipotle raspberry mayonnaise if you want to make more.
Warm Chipotle Raspberry Smoked Cheddar Roast Beef Sandwich
- 1 chipotle pepper from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce from the same can
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 slices bread (I used whole grain bread from the bakery.)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- roast beef (as much as you want to fill your sandwich) This is a great way to use leftovers!
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces smoked cheddar, thinly sliced
- Stir together pepper, adobo sauce, jam, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Refrigerate until the sandwiches are ready.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush both sides of bread with butter.
- Top two slices with roast beef, avocado and cheese.
- Place in the oven and toast until cheese melts. (5-10 minutes)
- Remove from the oven.
- Spread raspberry chipotle mayonnaise on the bread slices that don’t have the meat, cheese and avocado on them.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
I usually don’t like sandwiches but I’ve had this sandwich for the past two days and it’s just amazing!
I’m so glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know.