This warm kale salad has a sweet, tart, salty combination of flavors partially due to the cranberries – ok, I admit, I might just have a thing about cranberries this time of the year. I know, two recipes in one week with cranberries, but they are very different, and what can I say? I just love them. This salad is good anytime, but with Thanksgiving coming up, I can’t help but think it would make a great side. And, the red and green would be really nice at Christmas. Ok, so maybe I just love holidays in general! Anyway, I know you are going to love this salad as much as I do. Enjoy!
Warm Kale Salad
- 3/4 lb. kale, chopped
- 5 slices bacon
- 4 cups green onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Fry bacon until crisp, saving drippings in the pan.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Saute kale and green onions in bacon drippings until kale is almost wilted.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking until kale is wilted and garlic is fragrant.
- Remove from heat and put in serving bowl.
- Whisk together mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar. Pour over kale and toss to coat.
- Stir in crumbled bacon and cranberries.
- The salad is best served warm or at room temperature, but it is still good the next day right out of the refrigerator.
This recipe was shared on Foodie Friends Friday.