Well, at least around here, cherries are back in the grocery store. So, I just had to come up with a new cherry recipe. These white chocolate cherry brownies were perfect. They are just decadent. If you like white chocolate and cherries together, you just have to try them.
The recipe is basically a brownie recipe with white chocolate instead of dark and cherries mixed in at the last minute. The brownies have that moist brownie texture, but taste like white chocolate. You really need to make these!
White Chocolate Cherry Brownies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 12 oz. white baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tsps. vanilla
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsps. flour
- 3/4 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Grease a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt together butter and white chocolate, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in flour and mix briskly until well combined. (I use a heavy wooden spoon for this.)
- Gently stir in cherries.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until almost set.
- Watch carefully the last 10 minutes and shield with a piece of foil if brownies begin to brown too much.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.