I hope all of you had a great weekend. Here in the Hinterlands, ours was full to the brim. It was a grand kids weekend, and there is always plenty to do when the boys are here. From working in the yard to going to events, we are always on the move. One of the things we do is a big Sunday morning breakfast. During the week Michelle and I do a quick meal on the go, so we don’t spend much time sitting down for breakfast. We struggle a bit with what to have when the boy’s are here, and we like to switch things up so no one gets bored with the same ole, same ole.
This weekend, at the request of the boys, we made Breakfast Burritos for Man Food Mondays. They were great and so easy to do.
Breakfast Burritos for Man Food Mondays
- 8 eggs scrambled
- 1 16oz tube of sausage (hot, medium or mild) crumbled and fried
- 1 package of tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Scramble the eggs any way you like them. I usually add salt and pepper plus a little milk to make them fluffy.
- Open the tube of sausage and fry until done and drain the grease off.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave on a plate, under a wet paper towel for about a minute
- Set out your toppings and let everyone build their own.
Scramble eggs, fry some sausage, add your favorite topping, and there you go. We like to go all out with a nice salsa, sharp cheddar cheese and sour cream rolled in a warm flour tortilla. It just really hits the spot.
This would be something great to do on Mother’s day morning….which BTW is on May 10th this year. Make mom feel special or make a future mom feel special with this easy and quick breakfast.
Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.
Steve & Michelle