This week we have Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps for you to try. Michelle and I were having the age old discussion yesterday afternoon …What do you want for dinner?….which is always followed by…..I don’t know what do you want?…..which leads to about an hour and a half of rejection on both sides. It’s probably the same at your house. Frustrating, isn’t it? Same here, you would think because we do actively search out ideas for food preparation that we would have a plethora of choices…not the case. The frustrating thing for me is we have cooked some pretty awesome dinners, we hardly ever have the same meal twice. Why you ask….because we want to keep this blog as fresh as we can, and I doubt you would want weeks of hamburgers on the grill. 🙂 So, I suggested a couple of chicken dishes, and she came up with doing this Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap, and I thought it sounded great.
Ready to get started?
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps for Man Food Mondays
- 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup +/- Franks buffalo hot sauce
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- crumbled blue cheese
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add the oil and bring up to medium high. Once the oil is hot, start frying the chicken in batches, so you do not crowd the pan.
- Shred the carrots and slice the celery. Set aside.
- Separate the Boston lettuce into the leaves and rinse set on a plate.
- Once the chicken is done, return it to the pan and heat through.
- Add the Franks Buffalo hot sauce and mix well.
- To serve place a large lettuce leaf on the plate, add 1 to 2 spoonfuls of the chicken. Top with the carrots, celery, and blue cheese wrap and eat.
Man oh man, this was good. We had a few flour tortillas on hand for those that did not like the lettuce. These were quick and easy to make. We had a side salad with blue cheese dressing and some ranch dressing for those that do not like blue cheese. Needless to say, there were no leftovers 🙂
Have fun this week and may the better team win on Sunday!