It is really hard to believe it is October. My life has been so full lately that I just have not noticed the time passing by. So, of course, there has to be another Halloween recipe. This recipe is actually an adaptation of a recipe I made as a kid. The original recipe was one I got from one of my teachers way back in elementary school and also contained chocolate chips and peanuts. Looking back, she had to be incredibly brave to be cooking with a classroom full of ten-year-olds. She dropped spoonfuls of the mixture and called them spiders. I have reduced the recipe to just butterscotch chips and chow mein noodles with a pretzel stuck in for a handle and called them brooms.
- 2 12 ounce packages butterscotch chips
- 1 can chow mein noodles
- 24 thin pretzel sticks
- Melt butterscotch chips. I microwave mine, but be careful because they melt faster than chocolate. I use 30 second intervals and stir well in between each.
- Stir in noodles, stirring until well coated.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Insert a pretzel for handle in each.
- I do two or three at a time and insert the pretzels as I go, so that they don’t harden before I get the pretzels in.
- Allow to cool until firm.