I know you have probably had the spinach dip with the soup mix in it. It is good, and it is easy. Well, this one is just as good and just as easy, but without the soup mix. Now, as much as I would like to say I came up with this just to avoid whatever bad stuff might be lurking in the soup mix, I will be honest and tell you that it was just not the case. I came up with it to avoid the food allergies of someone eating it. But, I have to tell you that it really didn’t take much to turn this into a delicious dip without the mix.
I did use onion powder and garlic powder in this dip to keep it as easy as the original, but you could use fresh onions and garlic if you don’t mind a little extra time putting it together.
Spinach Dip Without the Soup Mix
- 1 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and pressed to remove as much water as possible
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 8 ounce can diced water chestnuts
- 1/2 cup soft julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Stir together all ingredients until well combined.
- Serve with crackers or chips.
- This dip is a bit better if you let it sit in the refrigerator for about an hour before serving.