As promised, a recipe using that lemon curd I made the other day. This Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake is really good and super easy. And, you could even cheat a bit and make it easier. I mean I made my own lemon curd and whipped cream, but you could buy a jar of lemon curd and use whipped topping. Ok, it probably wouldn’t be quite as decadent, but if you need a dessert in and are short on time (though, it will always several hours of refrigeration time), then it is definitely an option.
This version, though, is just incredible. Tart lemon curd, gingersnaps, and lots of fluffy whipped cream! Cool and refreshing – perfect for these hot days. Well you may not be in the south like I am, but we have already hit 90 degrees here, so cold desserts are the best kind right now!
Lemon Ginger Icebox Cake
- 1 cup lemon curd
- ginger snaps (You won’t need a whole box, but the extras are great for dipping in extra lemon curd.)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Whip cream with the whisk attachment of an electric mixer on medium until soft peaks form.
- Sprinkle in confectioners’ sugar and continue whipping on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place a layer of gingersnaps in the bottom of a large casserole dish.
- Spread with half of the lemon curd.
- Top with half of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Save a few gingersnaps for crumbling over the top just before saving.
- Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours before serving.